Tuesday, August 17, 2010

UTMB here I come!


Yep, it's that time already. I'll be flying out to Geneva soon and then making myself at home in Chamonix, getting ready for the big UTMB! I'm under no illusion that this race is going to be brutal but I'm hoping to keep it together and enjoy it for what it is. I think being in Europe and being part of such a huge race will be quite the experience and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I make it to the finishing line in one piece. We get 46 hours to finish and there are 10 cut-off stations along the way so I'll try and pace myself; I've never run through 2 nights before or for this amount of time in one go so it'll be interesting to see how my body/mind hold up. The elevation gain/loss is horrendous so there's definitely pain in the forecast but it'll also be a beautiful place to be and a great experience. Fingers crossed!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment