Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Cirque Peak



I made my annual run/hike to Helen Lake last weekend. I've been doing this hike every summer for the last 15 years and never tire of it. I used to guide hiking groups here regularly and would often spent my time off returning to Helen Lake to do it all over again! However, this was the first time that I had climbed up Cirque Peak which is something I've fancied doing for eons but never wanted to go up alone (I'm a baby!) It's basically a hike up and has amazing views.
It was little hazy up there, a combination of smoke from wild fires in British Columbia and cloudy weather. However, it was still amazing and will be somewhere we'll go again on a clear, sunny day.

There's always lots of Marmots at Helen Lake! This one was at the bottom of Cirque Peak and was really cheeky; it wouldn't leave us alone probably hoping for some food.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment