Sunday, August 8, 2010

North Boundary Trail: Day 3

Day 3 was a long day, running through lots of forests, but for some reason I was excited. I was pretty sure I would make it to Adolphus campsite which is not too far away from Mt Robson. And Mt Robson would be crawling with people, so it was possible that I may see some folks today. It was after all, 3 whole days without seeing or talking to anyone and I think I was excited to have human contact again.
I passed lots of beautiful lakes and crossed lots of old avalanche slopes full of cow parsnip and tall willow bushes, so I was making lots of noise, especially later in the day.
Chown Creek was particularly beautiful. And just before getting to Adolphus, I turned a corner and there stood Mt Robson like the majestic mountain it is. Highest in the Canadian Rockies and oh so beautiful! I never did see anyone - Adolphus was yet another deserted campsite but that's okay, I didn't mind being alone.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment