Saturday, January 1, 2011

Goodbye 2010 and Hello 2011!!

I love this time of year, seeing all those months on the calendar looking fresh and ready to be used.

2010 was a pretty good year. I ran three 100 km races in preparation for UTMB and enjoyed visiting New Zealand, California and Europe, catching up with family, old friends and making new ones. It was also sad to see a lot of young people I know die of yukky diseases, and that's always a reminder to make the most of the present, as none of us know what's around the corner.

I've just spent the last 3 weeks on holiday and decided to stay home which surprised everyone, including myself. But when you live in a place as beautiful as Banff, it's not a hard decision. I got to work out, do some running, read, watch films, visit friends, celebrate, ate a ton and even drank some wibbly wobbly stuff. I guess it's time to get back on the program again!

And I'm really looking forward to 2011 - there's lots of adventures out there waiting to be had!

Happy New Year everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment