Wednesday, September 15, 2010

UTMB: race report (5)


UTMB was a joy, even with all the funky things going on. I came away from that race feeling like I'd experienced something very unique. I had quite a few reservations beforehand about the race because it's so big but I really loved it and found that the sheer size of the race is what makes it so special. And of course, the spectators are incredible - they give you so much energy when you're out there, especially late at night when you're starting to droop. To all the volunteers who make UTMB such a success, THANK YOU!! And to the race directors, local mayors, security, medics etc, THANK YOU!!

I got to run 119 km of the 166 km course with 2 race starts. I was wondering afterwards what it would be like to do the whole thing in one go, in 46 hours. I guess there's only one way to find out, and that's to go do it next year!

2 comments:

  1. The race seems so interesting and challenging. The event is tough and looks everyone is happy to it. Good post too.


    zbsports

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy! It's an amazing event - it's a bit like the Tour du France of the ultra world!

    ReplyDelete