Monday, July 12, 2010

Skyline Trail: a double serving

I had an awesome weekend. I boogied up to Jasper on Thursday night so that I could run the Skyline Trail back to back. This is one of Jasper's classic backpacking trips and one of my favourites. It's a 45 km mellow run so it's easy enough to do in a day. Logistically, it's a bit challenging as it's a point to point trail. However, to keep things simple I figured that I would run it in one direction on the Friday and then run it back in the other direction on Saturday.
It's surprising how different it looks when you run it in the opposite direction, but one thing's for sure; it's a beautiful trail regardless of which end you start.
There was still quite a bit of snow up there but hopefully with some hot weather, it'll soon disappear. This was my first trip into the alpine this summer so I was jazzed to be out there. Summer is late this year so we're all itching to get things rolling and this was a great start!

No comments:

Post a Comment