Monday, July 27, 2009

Time to Taper

I do my big 100-mile (160 km) race weekend after next (it sounds a lot further when I say it in kilometers so I think I'll just keep referring to it in miles!)

I can't honestly say that I've been doing any specific training for it except for getting out into the mountains and "just running" so it will be interesting to see what happens. My longest race so far is the Canadian Death Race which was 125 km. So, it's only another marathon on top of that. Yikes!

Oh well, I'll do my best! I've got no emotional attachment to this race which makes me feel pretty good; it's more of a morbid curiosity at this point as to what's going to happen to my body!! Hopefully it doesn't break as I've still got a long list of runs I want to do before the snow flies (which isn't actually that far away!)

3 comments:

  1. Stormy 100. It's in Squamish, British Columbia. I was originally planning on doing something in the States in October but Steve was keen to do this one so I signed up with him. Hopefully that decision doesn't bite me in the bum! I thought that if I did something in October, I would have the entire summer to get ready so this race feels a little early for me, but I'm willing to use it as a learning race if nothing else. I haven't signed up for any other races as yet as I wasn't sure how battle scarred I'd be from attempting this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck for your 100 - I'm sure you'll do great. Look forward to reading all about it.

    ReplyDelete